Dassel, MN

DASSEL Township, first settled in 1856, was organized in the fall of 1866 under the name of Swan Lake, from the Big Swan Lake in its northeast part, but it was renamed in 1871 for its railway village in sections 27 and 34, platted in 1869, which was incorporated February 28, 1878. The village and township thus commemorate Bernard Dassel, who in 1869 was secretary of the St. Paul and Pacific Railroad company. The site was platted in 1869 by Parker Simons, civil engineer for the St. Paul and Pacific Railroad; Simons liked the area and built the first frame building on the site; the early townsite had a general store, a sawmill, a hotel, and a number of small businesses; the post office was called Dassel Station, 1869-70, before changing to the present form.

(source)

Nearby Listings

The data relating to real estate for sale on this web site comes in part from the Broker Reciprocity Program of the Regional Multiple Listing Service of Minnesota. Real estate listings held by brokerage firms other than the publisher of this website are marked with the Broker Reciprocity logo and detailed information about them includes the name of the listing brokers. Information Deemed Reliable But Not Guaranteed. All properties are subject to prior sale, change or withdrawal. Neither listing broker(s) nor the site owner shall be responsible for any typographical errors, misinformation, misprints and shall be held totally harmless. ©2018 Regional Multiple Listing Service of Minnesota. All rights reserved. By conducting a property search on this site, user agrees to EULA found on: http://www.northstarmls.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/EULA.pdf

Updated: 21st November, 2018 6:41 PM.